Monday, June 1, 2015

Clean up Clean up!!

Sometime last week or this week we got a call from a man asking for the Elders, we explained to him that they have left but we are here now. He told us that the Elders had offered his family help with moving, but never mind now that we are girls. We assured him that we could still help and he was very excited! We went over Friday and Saturday to help organize and pack. They are such a friendly couple. They are from India and feed us all the time!! We have had some yummy things there. I like Indian food.. but I still have a hard time with the spice.. It’s just a lot different than what I am used to. But it has been fun! We were packing up some books for them and we found The Book of Mormon!! Woohoo!! :) Told them that it’s a good read! They were so shocked when we told them we don't drink tea or coffee! They kept asking us questions like if we will drink it after our missions and stuff. It is fun being able to share the gospel in simple ways! 

This week I had a hard time wanting to tract.. but it ended up being kinda fun! There were some nice people we got to talk to! One old man wasn't interested but was grateful for what we did. He ended up patting me on the head. It was pretty cute. I just love old people!! They have been so much fun lately!! To them I must seem like a 5 year old, but I learn so much from them!! Especially the ones at church! They are just so full of wisdom and I just desire for it to rub off on me!! We are teaching this women who is about to turn 74. She is so cute and has been through a lot of health challenges, but won’t let me help her with anything! I go to start helping and she’s like stop touching that!! I can do it! We weren't to sure how solid she was going to be because she has met with a lot of different churches, but as we taught her the plan of salvation she really listened and asked really good questions! She said that she will read the pamphlet so that when we come over we will be able to have a better conversation. I am so excited to continue to teach her and to teach her about the restoration!! Keep her in your prayers!! 

It was really hot at the beginning of the week.. I got sun burnt!! So now I have this tan line that is pretty sweet ;) But by the end of this week it was raining!! It has been raining for two days! That does not make for good contacting! But it has been fun to wear our bright raincoats!! (thank you mommy!) and my rain boots! (thank you grandma and grandpa for the money to buy them!) We are able to start up more conversations that people want to talk about on the buses this way!! And we are all huddled under the bus shelters. It is fun!! :) My hair was so big and fluffy by the time we got to church everyone loved it! They were just laughing and playing with it. No one believed it was my real hair at first.. But I love it. I feel like a lion! 

This morning in studies I was reading one of my favorite talks. "Our Identity and Our Destiny" - Tad R. Callister and came across this quote by C.S. Lewis. 
"The command Be ye perfect is not idealistic. Nor is it a command to do the impossible. He is going to make us into creatures that can obey that command. He said (in the Bible) that we were "gods" and He is going to make good His words... The process will be long and in parts very painful; but that is what we are in for. Nothing less. He meant what He said." 
God loves us. He isn't just preparing us for what we will become here on earth but preparing us for the eternities!! His plan is perfect!! 

Loves! 
-Sister Gillins 

(drown your worries in Mcflurries) 

My Lion Hair that everyone keeps touching! haha
and my cute companion in the back.
we are the only ones on the bus alot of times!

Drown your worries in McFlurries!

bright rainjackets and hiding in shelter!

No comments:

Post a Comment