Monday, June 29, 2015

It's been a Whirlwind!!

So "this week has been just weird!" That is what Sister Robison has been saying all week. And she’s right. It has been a stinking good week! We worked our butts off and it was fun, but weird ;) 
We worked a lot with members this week! Working with lots of returning members and recent converts. We were able to really teach with the spirit this week and the spirit was the one who taught all of them, not us. It was amazing! From that they were able to open up and talk about the main and real concerns of everything. This has been a huge help because now we know where to go with these people. We just aren't spinning our tires in mud anymore but we have traction and we are gonna start taking off! I am really excited for all of this!! :D 

I got to see Sis Lindquist this week at zone conference! Still as beautiful as ever!! It is fun to be able to see good friends! :D 
But there was a huge centipede in the gym while we were eating lunch and no one would kill it for me... so I ended up at the other side of the gym.. I hate centipedes.. Ontario seems to be covered with them!! 

We also got kicked out of our apartment... JK! They were just doing some repairs and we couldn't be there with men in the apartment.. that would just be awkward! So we decided to do weekly planning out on the grass behind the building. It was a very beautiful day for it as well. Not to hot and not to cold. And there was no wind so nothing blew away! The only concern we had was bugs crawling up our skirts!! But we stayed pretty safe from that ;) 

We had dinner with a sweet Phillapino family! I brought up baloot and the next thing I know I am agreeing to eating it next week on Friday! So wish me luck! Pray I won’t barf!!! :D 
I can’t really explain what it is... you just need to Google it okay?

But we had this great food called Omu Tuo. It is from Ghana! It is rice balls with chicken in peanut butter soup! It is delicious!! You eat it with your hands! It was very very interesting.. but I will get the recipe and make it for all of you when I get home! I love serving here because the world comes to us!! We get to meet so many people and learn about there culture! I love it! I love hearing them speak! Cause lots of times they are speaking English but I have no clue on what they are saying. But they all say I have a way better accent than Sister Robison. They make me always repeat what she said cause they didn't understand her ;) 

Oh ya!! Crazy thing that happened yesterday! We got a call from President telling us that there has been a need for an emergency transfer. DUN DUN DUN!! But it’s all okay! We are fine! So Sister Robison will be leaving me and going to the wonderful land of Wellend!! yay yippe!! And I get the beautiful chance to serve with Sister Womack for the rest of my mission! She’s a red head so we will have lots of fun together! I’m kinda freaking out cause I still feel like I have no clue where I am going on the bus.. I just get off when Sister Robison does.. But it will be an adventure for sure!! Missions are beautiful things that always keep you on your toes!!! 

 (check out the front page of mormonnewsroom.ca)                                                                     our ward is on it!! :D  I am wearing green! 

I love you all so much!!       
XOXOXOXOXO 

-Sister Gillins 


I am in Heaven...we found a chocolate orange!
 they must sell them all year!

Omu Tuo

It is soooo yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment