Monday, July 7, 2014

O' Canada! 'Merica!

I LOVE CANADA! But I still love America.. But I am not there at the moment. Canada Day was fun! To celebrate we went out for lunch and I had breakfast poutine :) Real Canadian eh?!

Poutine is a mind-boggling combination of french fries, cheese curds and gravy. A Canadian invention!
Breakfast Poutine is usually substituted with hollandaise as the ‘gravy’ and only breakfast ingredients. Basically an “American Skillet” dish you can find at any good ole’ Denny’s or Village Inn!

We had so much fun! We got to talk to lots of people cause everyone was out. Towards the end of the night guess who we ran into? More drunks! I love drunks! :) At first they were making fun of us, but then I told them that some day we will all be able to live again in perfect resurrected bodies. That got their attention ;) It was so cool to testify to them about how I know that through the atonement of Jesus Christ we can all live again. The best part I think was that they were actually listening! I know that they were drunk and I’m not sure how much they truly soaked in.. but I like to believe they were able to feel something.

We celebrated the 4th of July in style! We wore red, white and blue. :) And we sang the National Anthem for companionship study. Haha…awesome right?! But that is as much as we did to celebrate the 4th.

We have an amazing investigator named Xotchil! She reminds me of Xotchil from back home. She is so cute!! She is so willing to learn. She understands so much. The Spirit is so strong when ever we are able to meet with her. I love her to death!!
Advice: I know it is hard to give our will to Heavenly Father. But he can do so much more for us when we do :) watch the Mormon Message about the “Currant Bush.”
love,
Sister Gillins

PS- pictures coming....



No comments:

Post a Comment