Monday, July 14, 2014

TRANSFERS !

I’m leaving my home!!!! My birthplace! I am going to miss London like crazy!!! I have grown so close to the people here. This ward has been so amazing to me and the people here are so kind. But I know that the Lord wants me in Kitchener Waterloo. I am so excited to be able to start this new adventure!!


I am going to miss Sister Wanlass!! This transfer blew by so fast! She is amazing in every sort of way!! She makes grey skies go away!! I know that she will be the best Sister Training Leader ever!!!

So, Sister Wanlass and I decided that we take too long in the mornings to get ready, but we still wanted our hair cute. So we bought sponge curlers!! It is like old times! We looked so beautiful after and when we woke up in the mornings our head aches were not too bad ;)  (see the pictures..haha)

We were able to meet our new President this week and his wife, our mission mom. They are amazing people and you can feel their love. Even though neither of them have a personal relationship with us they still love us so much. I can’t wait to learn all I can from them.

We have some amazing investigators here in London that I am so sad to leave!! Xochitl is amazing. She cooked lunch for us this week and she is an amazing chef!! She has the sweetest smile and spirit that can make anyone’s day better. We also have a new investigator named Kevin who loves the Lord so much. His testimony makes mine grow! It is amazing how much you can learn from your investigators. You learn so much from everyone you meet!! Missions are the best places to be!! You are learning so much spiritually but it is also preparing you for your life.

I have learned so much about listening to the Spirit. There are so many things you have to do on missions that take you out of your comfort zone or things you don’t want to do. But, if the Lord commands it, then it is important!! It is so important to do as the Spirit says, because missionary work without the Spirit is dead!! And if you’re not going to listen to the spirit he’s just going to stop talking to you. I know the Lord will find a way to make all things possible if it is His will. We just need to trust in what he says!!



Love,
Sister Gillins

"BURYING OUR WEAPONS OF WAR"

SAD...WE ARE ALWAYS LOST

CURLERS..AND MORE CURLERS!
GOOD OLE' LONDON SIGN....
I'M GOING TO MISS YOU !
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment