Monday, July 21, 2014

Kitchener-Waterloo

Isn’t that so fun to say? Kitchener-WATERLOO. Hehe, I love it so much. :) I love it here! It is so pretty. It is different from London. London had a lot of high apartment buildings. Where I am now it is more residential with lots of families :) The people here are super kind too!! It is a wonderful place to be. The ward is so wonderful and love missionary work! I can’t wait to be able to help them in it!

I love Sister Christenson!! She is so adorable and has such a sweet loving spirit. She is a hard working missionary too!! We look pretty similar, so a lot of people are going to think that we are literal sisters and that is alright with me, cause she is gorgeous!

The first week of transfers can always be a little rough. But it has been fun being able to get to know the area and the people. We were able to see some miracles this week! Our appointments here don’t fall through as much as ours did in London, so that is really nice. But one almost fell through.. That was an adventure!! We have an investigator who is Muslim and speaks Farsi. Her English is actually really good, but her mom does not speak a lick of English. So we set up a time for them to Skype with the Farsi missionaries. Our investigator was about 40 minutes late... But it all ended up working fine! We were able to get hold of the Farsi missionaries and they were all able to chat. She really enjoyed it and it looked like her mom did too. I love how much technology can help us in this work!! It truly is a blessing!!

This Sunday we also got a new investigator. She just kind of randomly showed up to church. She was participating in all of the classes so we thought that she was someone who was just visiting. But at the end of the lesson she stood up and asked if we would allow her to come back. The cute R.S. sisters were like… of course and gave her a book and everything! Sister Christenson and I set up a time to meet with her next week and I am so excited!!

(I sent some goodbye pictures from London....I wish I could have got pictures with everyone)

 Love yous!!
-Sister Gillins


The Pallidinos! One of my favorite families!!
They are from Italy and have 8 children!


I know I look icky...
But I love Xochitl so much that I just have to send this picture!!

 I love sister Barker with all my heart! She has a heart of a 14 year old!



No comments:

Post a Comment