Monday, April 7, 2014

Bagged Milk anyone?


I just don’t understand the whole bagged milk thing? Like, just use a gallon...
Can I start out to tell you all how amazing my companion is? She has the biggest and sweetest heart I know. She has a true love for everyone and this gospel. I have learned so much from her. She has taught me the importance of exact obedience and we have seen the effects of it. Even though we may not have a lot of people progressing, we know that we are trying our best and that gives us the most comfort.
We had an investigator who is a Native Indian and makes jewelry for a living. He taught the young women how to make necklaces and bracelets. That was the best thing ever! He loved it and so did the girls!
So on Friday Sister Bodine and I tracted. First of all I hate tracting. Talking to people is the hardest for me. Sister Bodine is so good at it. She is such a good example to me in that area. It is so natural for her to walk up to someone random and start talking about the gospel; someday I hope to be like that. Anyway, on that day.. as we went a long I was so happy, not even scared to talk to anyone. In fact I wanted to be able to talk to everyone I could. Sadly it was raining and in the middle of the day, so no one was on the street and no one was home. The people we did talk to had nothing to do with us, but yet that has been the happiest I have been tracting.
Wasn’t conference amazing?! I am so happy I got the opportunity to watch it! It was way too short. But, it is amazing that we receive modern day revelation. Many people don’t believe in that and I am so happy that we know that we do and that we have the opportunity to hear from a living prophet and his Apostles every 6 months.
So, Sister Bodine and I have been challenged by our Zone Leaders to get 15 member presents this week. That means we need to have members come to 15 lessons with us. We usually only get around 7 a week, and we usually only have about 15 lessons a week. So that means we need a member at every lesson we teach this week. We are so excited because we know how important members are in this work. Us as missionaries can not do this alone! We need members to help.

I love this work; I would not want to be anywhere else right now. I love this gospel and I am gaining a stronger testimony of it each day. I know that my Redeemer lives and so does my Heavenly Father and they are watching over us.
I love you all.
Sister Gillins


p.s. I eat cereal like 3 times a week!! with skim milk! (insert from mom: this is a miracle…she is not a cereal eater…at all J)



Loving it! This made me happy!
Preaching in the Rain




Amazing Young Womens Night
The Sisters


Sister Bodine, Cutest Boy Ever, Sister Gillins
(he likes to play with our long hair :)

I don't like bagged milk.... yet
My Pot Pig grew grass! Yeah!

My best of the best Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment