Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Mommy Day = Bestest Day

Moms day was the Bomb! so says every missionary in the whole world!! ;) But let’s be real here.. Who doesn't love to see their family?! My family is probably the coolest family though.. :D 
It was so much fun to see how they are all growing up! Both in the way of physically and spiritually! (my family is tall now, I am a shrimp) It is amazing to see how much we all have grown through the difficult times we have had! You can either take these terrible times and let them pull you apart, or use them to grow and step closer to God. My family has definitely used them to grow closer to God and I am sooo grateful for their example! 

I love my new area! It is different! That is for sure! I am getting use to all of this walking though! I am being healthy!! :D And I am starting to figure out the buses all by myself! I feel like such a big sister now!! The bus is interesting.. Many fun and interesting people. I know lots of people smoke weed here.. cause I can smell it all the time.. but I didn’t think someone would just whip out a joint and start smoking it on the bus! Now that was fun!! :) I probably should have given him a mormon.org card.. Ill find him again and give him one! I am also starting to get somewhat tan!! Still super white, you know cause I am Sister Gillins, but a little tan!! :D You would all be so proud of me! 

This week we met this super cool guy from Africa! He has been all over the world though! He met missionaries in Italy and had a Book of Mormon while in Africa that he left. We were able to meet with him this week. He really wants his family to sit down and listen to our message.. which is hard. They will sit down then get up and get something and just not really care.. but it will work somehow!! We have been praying for a family to teach!! So it was really cool when he said he wants his whole family to learn the gospel! :) Prayers really do come true!! ;) 

This morning in my studies I was reading from John (John is like my most favorite apostle!) and I came across John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace . In the world ye shall have tribulation : but be of good cheer ; I have overcome the world. I love it!! I was able to understand it. Christ gives us peace. That is why He left us with the Holy Ghost. The world, all it gives us is tribulation. Sometimes it seems like it is too much to overcome sometimes! We are thrown a lot of curve balls, but Christ, He overcame this world! He was here, He went through it all. So He is someone we can look to when things get hard, when we don’t feel we can take it anymore. We can be happy and have peace. That is part of the gift Christ gave us! 

I hope you all have a great week! I love each of you so much!! Thank you for the prayers!! 

-Sister Gillins 

I captured this on Skype..
I made all of my family line up in height..
several of them were not happy..because they could not deal
with being passed up.. Kyle would not even Stand up all the way.
Sorry Kyle...Spencer looks like
 he is equal and will be passing you soon.

Wow...no one was really cooperating with taking a picture.
Hello Missionary People!

Look who I found again?
Sister Lindquist and Me...
Herriman Buddies!



No comments:

Post a Comment