Monday, April 6, 2015

EASTER AND CONFERENCE!!

Man oh man! I loved this weekend!! Even though it snowed on Easter eve and on Easter.. It was still the bomb! 
The Easter bunny even came to our house and hid all the eggs we got! It was so much fun!! WE HAVE SO MUCH CANDY! That is what we have been eating all week.. candy. And now we have even more candy! It’s crazy! 
The Easter bunny also came and visited us as missionaries in the middle of conference! So we and the Elders went out to start our Glover Easter Egg Hunt! So 3 of the Elders are from Hong Kong, 1 is from the Philippines, 1 is from Micronesia and the rest of us are from good old Utah. But man did those Elders have a ball!! They reminded me of my baby cousins! :D It was fun to see everyone run around to find their eggs. We did the hunt as companionships to create more unity between companions... ;) They were so happy, they just ate their candy quietly during the last session of conference. And we were able to share it with the investigators who were able to come! 

Conference was amazing too! I am so happy that it was over this Easter weekend. It totally answered my questions. I feel like I have a renewed energy and I am ready to go out and proclaim the gospel and about eternal families! I can’t wait for the talks to come out so I can read them over and over again! They are living scriptures! It is so cool. I can’t wait to be able to read the priesthood session talks as well. 

This week we had 3 of our ESL students come watch a session of conference! They stayed the whole time!! They actually were able to pick up on the messages that were being given! It is amazing how the Spirit works! 

Sister Julian and I have been working soooo hard lately. We are trying so hard to find people. We go out and tract and street contact and do service.. it is fun. It is fun working really hard. But it was kinda a bummer because we have felt like we haven't had too much success. But then a miracle happened! A member from Boston called us and gave us a referral! He said they had taken the lessons when they were down visiting and are ready to be baptized! We were soooo happy!! They were expecting our call too when we called! We are excited to be able to go and visit them! :) 

I want to bear my testimony to you all that I know that my Redeemer lives. This Easter season has brought back all my memories of when I have gained a witness of that. The Savior has helped me more in my life than I can even count and He continues to help me. I am so grateful that I get to wear His name on my chest and proclaim His gospel every day. I am grateful to hear how others have seen the Savior in their lives. The Savior loves each and every one of us. We all have a different relationship with Him and that is because He suffered for each of us personally. Oh how grateful I am to have this knowledge. 

I love you all, 
Sister Gillins 



THE EASTER BUNNY FOUND US!!
(thanks for the Eggs Grandma G.)

Sister Julian and I 
have the best time together...
it is like we have known each forever...
I think we have (:






No comments:

Post a Comment