Monday, January 12, 2015

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW.....BURR!!

It is so COLD! And we have been out of A car! Okay, so we didn’t have a car on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and half of Friday... but that is a long time. And it was soooo cold on Wednesday. Like it got down to -30 Celsius and we were out all day! Apparently they were telling people to stay inside all day since it was so cold.. but we didn’t get the memo! But it was still super fun! And we met an awesome guy! His name is Yifan! He is from main land China! :) He was interested in learning more because there are no churches where he is from. So coming into the lesson he was just interested in the history about our church but after asking a few inspired questions… we found that he had some deep questions of the soul. He came into the meeting not believing in God, and after just a short 45 minutes came to believe for himself. We didn’t have to convince him of anything! And he was the one who wanted to pray at the end of the lesson! It was amazing! There is so much potential there for Him!! He is awesome! And YSA... I love YSA :)

On Thursday I had a wonderful birthday!! It was pretty chilly that day too. But we spent a while weekly planning and then went and talked to people on the street.. There weren’t many people, because of the blizzard.. but we did have some good conversations with the brave souls who were out!! :) Then the Prices brought us dinner! And boy was it good!! :) They made me Mexican which I have been craving for forever! It was soooo good! and home made everything.. ugh the best birthday meal! and I got more candy... I’m going to be fat everyone!! and I got this wonderful hat that sings...and dances..haha :) It’s so great and fun!! I’m going to have a ball with it with the YSA! :) Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes and gifts…I feel loved..

Yesterday church was not cancelled! YAY! We were really scared that is was going to be again with all of the snow we have gotten! But we stayed safe! The branch loves Sister Leeson already! :) And Sister Leeson and I taught gospel principles. It was the first time Sister Leeson has taught a Sunday lesson and I think she did well!! :) She is growing a lot already! She always says she is scared to teach but when we get in the lesson she does wonderful and  she is so confident!! :) It has been fun watching her grow! 

I love you all…..stay warm! Eh!


-Sister Gillins 


MEXICAN BDAY DINNER
SINGING DANCING BDAY HAT
THANKS GRANDMA G.

I LOOK HILARIOUS TRYING TO WALK
ON THIS ICY SIDEWALK IN A SKIRT


No comments:

Post a Comment