Monday, January 19, 2015

Elder Oaks

OH MY GOODNESS! I shook hands with Elder Oaks! He is about the nicest man I have ever met! He was late getting to our conference, so he didn’t have very long to talk, but the spirit was so strong while he did!! The one thing that stood out to me was that he kept saying that this isn’t your mission,… it’s Gods. And that is so true. When I focus on MY mission things don’t really work out. But when I put God first and make it His mission, things just seem to fall into place :) 

I also got to see Sister Lindquist at the meeting!! WooHoo!! BFF'S back together! Who would have thought I would see her again in Canada? Not me!! :) So it was fun to reconnect and share stories! :) The Mission President allowed us to go out to eat with whoever we wanted and wherever we wanted….So, of course Sister Lindquist and I grabbed our companions and ran together…for some yummy PIZZA! She is loving her mission…and I am so happy about that.

Remember our investigator from China?! Well he wants to be baptized!! We have been really focusing on using the pamphlets to teach and he loves it! He goes home and reads them and comes back with great questions! Last time he brought up the Holy Ghost and how great it feels! Sister Leeson then testified that he can always have that feeling after he is baptized. He then asked when he could be baptized! WooHoo! Talk about prepared! :) He came to church yesterday and loved it! I am so excited to continue to keep teaching him! :) He picks up on so much! 

We also had another cool event! We were calling media referrals from the past year and we called one who had asked for a book of Mormon. He said that a missionary had already given him one but thanks! Well I continued and asked if he had any questions we could answer. He paused and said, you know what, can we sit down and talk! In my mind I’m like HECK YES!! Long story short we are meeting him tomorrow! I’m super excited!! 

Things are starting to look up here in Kingston West! Miracles are happening all over the place and Sister Leeson is killing it in lessons. She is so bold and asks the hard questions! I love it :) 

PS: I held a rat. I am taking it home with me on my way back to Utah! And a cute member made me birthday cookies!! Sister Lindquist and I totally pigged out on Pizza!

Loves,

Sister Gillins 


Sister Lindquist and I totally pigged out on Pizza!


I held a rat.
 I am taking it home with me
 on my way back to 
Utah!

Generation Picture

A cute member
 made me birthday cookies!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment