Monday, November 24, 2014

BELLEVILLE

So I am now here in the great city of Belleville! :) Which means Beautiful City. And it truly is. It is a lot smaller than my last area, that is for sure. But it has such a great Spirit. Right now we only have one investigator, Art, who is great! We have lots to do here. We have been out looking for less-actives, tracting, and service! Man, I forgot how to tract. And it’s so horrid! Everyone hides behind their doors! They should just come out and talk with us! We aren't that scary... ;) We have found more success by just walking on the streets and talking with people. 
I love Sister Bottcher! She is kind and loving. I do drive, and I’m so good at driving in the snow :)

So I am actually in a Branch now.. It is really hard to say branch instead of ward, but I'll get the hang of it soon! This is a pretty big branch though with really strong members! So I am excited to be able to work here :)

Transfers were pretty crazy! There were so many missionaries! They were everywhere! I just sat at the door like a sad puppy waiting to see Sister Lindquist. Man you should have seen it when we saw each other! We ran into each others arms! I think I hit a few people on my way over to her... oops. But it was so fun to see an old friend! I am so excited to have her here.
I am excited for Sister Halcom to be out as well! I know she is going to kill it in Boston. It’s going to be hard not to see her for forever! But the Lord needs her there :) She is so prepared.

There's not too much to tell this week. But I want to thank you all for the letters and packages you have sent to me since I have been on my mission. I am so grateful for the prayers that go my way. They really do help me keep going. I know it’s not Thanksgiving here in Canada.. but y’all make me so grateful! I am most grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and how it has influenced me in my life. I would be lost with out it. It has strengthened me and those around me. I am so grateful for this short opportunity I have to serve the Lord 100%.

My new mailing address:
Sister Clarissa Gillins
154 Maitland Dr
Belleville, ON K8N 4Z5
Canada

Love,
Sister Gillins

TRANSFER DAY PICTURES
I always have red eyes in pictures..
 and I was so deadly tired on transfer day...

Sister Lindquist! So glad you are here! It feels so good(:
Sorry to all the missionaries
 I injured trying to get over to get a hug from
this girl....
Them Elders!
Elder DeWaal, (behind me..my bro from Herriman)
Elder Wilscher, (on my right..he is funny)
Elder Ellis, (My Amazing District Leader)
This is Ekam. She is a member and one of my favorites!
 I love her.





No comments:

Post a Comment