Monday, September 8, 2014

Chicken Feet and Pig Tails

I think I am getting a hang of the Toronto traffic! I don’t hit it as much and I actually get off on the right exits now! :) My driving has improved so much! I think I will become a professional race car driver when I get home. I think I could find success in that profession.
We have had so much time to find this week and I have been loving every minute of it! I used to dread having to talk to random people on the street but now I am so excited for it. A lot of people I talk to aren’t as excited as I am.. But that’s because they don’t understand the importance of this message! This will help them gain eternal life. I have seen how keeping an eternal perspective of everything truly helps in this work. It makes door slams, mean words and people running away from you so worth it.
I have also seen the importance of exact obedience this week.
Missionaries are not allowed to have pets of any kind. Well I saw this cute little toad in the grass. I picked it up and was playing with it. Then I was like hmm.. Let’s call our district leader and see if we can take him home. That very second the frog peed on me!! That little stinker! Now I have a firm testimony that missionaries are not allowed to have pets! :)
I had the pleasure of eating chicken feet and pig tail stew this week. IT was delicious! It didn’t even taste funny! It just had lots of little bones we had to spit out because of the chicken feet. So I want you all to know that if picky Sister Gillins can eat pig tails and chicken feet you all can eat anything!!

I just want to give a shout out to my two best friends! The Karlis! I love both of you and your desire to serve our Father above. Karlie, you are going to kill it in Boston. And Carli, you’re coming to the best mission on earth!! I am so happy you got called to Toronto and get to be with me! I love you both so very much!
I also want to give a shout out to all the YSA in the world. Y'all are awesome. I have gained such a strong love for the young people in the church. They truly want to know the truth. There is so much that happens in the world today and things that distract, but they are so dedicated. I love the people I am working with. The members and non-members. I have so much to learn from all of them!!

Peace and Love from the great white north!!
-Sister Gillins
Chicken Feet.....YUMMY



 
My District Family

Your District becomes your family...
And I have a fun family

Beautiful Toronto Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment