Monday, May 12, 2014

Mommy Day!

We had such an amazing week! We have some wonderful investigators who are progressing so well! So we had some fun and amazing lessons!


To start off our week Sister Bodine and I rewarded ourselves with a white chocolate brownie for hitting standards 3 weeks in a row. So that was yummy and a good way to start off the week.

Then we got to meet with some great people! We have such a cute family we are teaching. We are teaching Kxx. Her fiancé is a less active. She has the cutest 5 year old ever. He always wants us to bring stickers when we come. She loves the gospel. She gets so excited about everything that we share.
We also had an amazing lesson with another investigator. He is having a hard time wanting to quit smoking. We had no idea what we wanted to do. So, Sister Bodine, a member and I all decided we were going to bear our testimonies on what has helped us the most through hard times. We each had our turn. Sister Perreira and I shared our favorite scripture and Sister Bodine sang a song. The spirit was so strong. It gave him the strength he needed to have the will to start slowing down on the smokes. Anything is possible if the Spirit is there!!

So... sometimes, if people don't come to church to get confirmed Sister Bodine and I go to their homes and knock on their doors and throw rocks at their windows and yell "Come on!! You need to get the Holy Ghost today!!" For reals… That was an adventure. We had to do that this last week….
It’s hard.. because you want people to do things and progress, but we all have our agency and that is one of the greatest gifts our Heavenly Father has given us. All we can do is share the gospel and invite the Spirit and hope for the best.

Mother’s day was awesome!! I loved being able to talk to my cute family!! I am grateful that Heavenly Father sent me to my wonderful mother who has gotten me this far. If it wasn't for her I would not be here in Canada. I am also so grateful that we are allowed to talk to them on mother’s day. :) It’s only been like 2 and  a half months, but my brothers have grown! They are turning into men!! Their voices are deeper and they are growing taller. I can’t even start to imagine what it will be like in a year!! But I was so grateful that the bishop allowed us to use his home to be able to Skype my family. They even let me take selfies!! :)

I hope everyone had an amazing mother’s day!! I am so grateful that we know that families are meant to be forever. That life doesn't end after we die, but that we can live forever and with our families!

Love,
Sister Gillins
Mothers Day 2014


Blonde Brownie Reward

Elder Urrutia caught us in the act of "Contact"
Great Timing



No comments:

Post a Comment