Monday, July 20, 2015

"Things the MTC doesn’t teach you": how to hop a fence

This week.. seemed long.. Which is so good!! Cause I want these days to last (: 
We started this week off by going to visit some people with a member in the Stake Presidency.. The people that set up an appointment with us bombed.. but that didn't stop the Brother we went with!! He was like "well we are missionaries and we teach a message about Christ" to the person who opens the door! I was like dang!! He’s taking our job ;) But it was awesome!! Then he was like well... let’s go drop by this part-member family down the street and called them to make sure we could visit!! It was so awesome!! I love members who are so missionary minded! It truly helps us so much in this work and helps the work more forward so quickly! 

We had skills and interviews with President this week. It was weird.. Didn’t know what to say really.. My talk with him and Sister Clayton were about home.. I guess that is what you get when you die in two weeks!! But it was still a spiritual experience non-the-less!! We had exchanges right after that! So Sister Jensen came and spent the day with me in Etobicoke! It was her first time on the bus, she had a ball!! She was like,” the bus is so awkward and I love every moment of it!!” It was so funny to see her so excited!! She is an awesome missionary!! She is from the same small town my old companion Sister Bottcher is from :) 

Our ward mission leaders wife got us Samosas!! She knows the best place to get them.. so yummy!! She is one of my favorite people. She LOVES candy. And she always has peanut butter in her purse. She is super skinny too!! We asked her how and she’s like well I work out... and sometimes instead of eating real food I just eat candy and peanut butter.. so maybe that is why. I was like yes!!! So she also got us lots of yummy treats!! It was so nice! 

On Saturday we took one of the best member missionaries in the mission out street contacting with us!! It was so fun!! He was so excited to share the gospel!! Jimmy is known throughout the mission. We love having Jimmy around!! After proselyting we went and got some taco bell!! It has been a while! It was fun; Jimmy was teaching us some Spanish. After Taco Bell,  Sister Womack and I were headed to an appointment and Sister Womack remembered what I told her my dad just recently taught me; “ if you see a swing, go swing on it! And have a moment of fun!”  Well we walked past a park and she just stopped, looked at her watch, looked at the swings, back at me then started to run to them!! We took a few minutes and just swung. It was nice to just unwind before we needed to teach a lesson! Thank you daddy for the advice!! (:

Oh ya!! About the title of my email... haha. So Sister Womack and I have been trying to take short cuts.. but they always lead us to a fence and no opening. Well Saturday we were in an apartment building and I told Sister Womack to go out the side door.. Well I have done it a few times before, but I forgot that they just put up a fence.. and the door we went out was one that you can’t get back in. We were stuck.. So we tried to find a part of a fence where the least amount of people would be able to see us jump over the fence in our skirts. There were two people across the parking lot that were watching us.. They were probably like, “what are those girls in skirts think they are doing?!” We were able to hop over the fence and get on with the day, but we were dieing laughing and trying to figure out the most graceful way to get over it with out having our skirts fly up. I think we did pretty good!! ;) 

Love you all!! See you soon eh?         -Sister Gillins 




 "if you see a swing, go swing on it!
And have a moment of fun!"
-My Daddy

Me, Sister Womack and the
 Famous Member Missionary- Jimmy!

Sister Womack...I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment