Monday, July 13, 2015

Never Dull !!!!

Missionary work here is always exciting and never dull!! When y'all heard I was going to Canada, some of you probably felt sorry for me! Well I feel sorry for you that you aren't here!! 
Literally, sometimes we will be out walking in the heat of the day, dead, and there is no one on the street to talk to, but then you will just look over to the side of the street and see someone driving their minivan on everyone’s lawns!! We just laughed and laughed.. We didn't really know what was going on so we didn't get our cameras out fast enough to take a picture. But oh well, it’s a good memory to have!! 
The one thing I love about this area is the beautiful statue of a mermaid on a sea horse fighting a giant clam!! It doesn't get any better than that right?! It’s just sitting out in front of a random apartment building, and it just makes me laugh every single time I see it :) 

So we live right by the highway, and we were dropping by a member, who wasn't home, so we decided to weed a little bit of her garden for her, then Sister Womack saw a whole in the wall that lead to the highway! She just stuck her head outside and was like wow!! ohhh!!! She cracks me up all the time. She also loves seeing the pigeons inside the subway! We thought this one was a one-legged pigeon, but it ended up having both its legs.. but we still took a picture of it. 

Last P-day we went to Chinatown! It was so much fun!! Lots and lots of people! Lots and lots of fun things!! We both got this beautiful silk wrap around skirt, and just lots of fun things. We were really close to the CN tower, so check that out!! :D 

So now on to the good stuff!! This week was awesome!! Amazing things happened this week!! We were able to pick up our numbers a lot! I feel like it’s because Sister Womack has a lot of faith and hope for the work! We found some sweet new investigators this week! We found one through tracting! We rang his door bell but no one answered so we went on to the next door, when we were stepping off of that porch we saw him and went back over to talk to him! He is really sweet!! He loves the idea of a prophet today! When we went back to teach him we had to teach outside because we couldn't find a member to come with us, and it was blazing hot!! We were all super sweaty and gross, but the lesson went well! And he kept the return appointment! Which is amazing!! 
Next was someone found through a media referral!! We have called him and called him but we never can catch him at a good time. So we decided we needed to just drop by him. Now the bus ride up to his house is an hour long.. so we were hesitating, but we knew we needed to! When we walked up to his house he was standing outside!! He was so excited to see us! He told us that he has been reading the Book of Mormon a lot! We taught him what it is and why it is so important!! It was awesome that the spirit guided us and allowed us to catch him at the right time!! 

The less-active that we have been working with came to church this Sunday. This probably made my whole life!! I was so happy to see her there!! She kept holding my hand through the Sacrament Meeting. She enjoyed her return and was so happy that she could be back!! I love watching people come back to the gospel and how much it blesses their lives. I am so happy I can’t even write how happy I am or all the details!! I just am so happy!!!! 

I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!!! 

-Sister Gillins 

Amazingly Fun day in Chinatown!!

CN Tower over my shoulder Peeps!

Sister Womack makes my days
 happy and full of laughter.
She found the short cut to the Highway..haha!

We love seeing the Pigeons in the Subway...
Hello little fella!

The brave Mermaid on her Seahorse...
fighting the DEADLY CLAM!
(I love it!)



1 comment: