Monday, March 17, 2014

Canada Eh?

First things first. They really do say eh here. Not everyone, but they do.

So I woke up at 1:30 Monday morning and got to the airport. Got to call my mommy and talked to my family :) So perfect! Then the rest of the day was flying. All went well! Most of us slept. I got the best picture of Elder Ellis sleeping! Then we got to the mission home and ate a great dinner and slept.

Tuesday I met my trainer. Sister Bodine. She is amazing! She is about 5 months out on her mission. She is from Orem, Utah. She is the best example for me. I couldnt have asked for a better trainer!
That night we ate dinner with a member and had a lesson with a less active.

Wednesday I got to meet with George he is amazing and preparing for baptism. A lot of our appointments fell through.. but that’s missionary work.

Thursday was weekly planning. We had appointments, but again they fell through.

Friday was awesome! Ugh, missionary work is the bomb! We had appointments but we also met so many new people!

Saturday was even better! We had our first lesson with Karl. He loves the Bible and was so excited to read the Book of Mormon.

Sunday was my first Sunday, and of course bore my testimony. We also met with Karl again and he accepted baptism! Boo-ya!

My favorite thing is when we come out of a lesson smelling like smoke. So many people here smoke. But it lets me know that we can truly help people.

London is interesting. There is really nice big houses, but really small apartments. Many people we teach live in small apartments. Its fun trying to get into them when we don’t know the buzzer matching the apartment. Many people also don’t have cars. Luckily we do. But, most people take the bus which is crazy!! There is a ton of immigrants too. Ugh. It is just amazing!

The Ward members are great! they feed us a ton!! and help so much and go with us to so many appointments!

 We are at the library. We may get ipads in June. I can't figure out pictures. I will next time!

I am really surprised and happy with how I am doing. I love the Lords work.

Love,

Sister Gillins

No comments:

Post a Comment